Thursday 25 September 2014

5 days 4 Night Kyoto Itinerary (D5)

Actually for the fifth day, we only went for one last temple before we ought to catch our afternoon bus on Kyoto Station. We went for Toji-ji and spend around 1 hour there.

The inside is quite magnificent but unfortunately we were not allowed to take photo (and same rules mostly apply to other temples too.)





And then we went back to Kyoto station and went back for good to Tokyo.

I can say I am very, very, very, very satisfied with my 5D4N trip!! I feel most of the time we spent it effectively, and we didn't spend so much money at all too!!

This is my whole expense for the whole 5D4N trip (1 person):
  • Bus (round trip, 3.500 yen one way)          7.000 yen
  • Food                                                               15.497 yen
We eat simple breakfast like bread and milk for morning, and eat quite generous on lunch and dinner. Although we ate around 2 times sukiya (cheap gyudon) because we didn’t know what else to eat on that time, but this expense is quite generous. This already included all the snacks such as ice cream, meat bun, etc
  • Hotel (5D4N)                                                   14.640 yen
We rent one room for three person, with heater, inside bedroom, small kitchen and even free rental yukata! Unfortunately I forgot the name of the hotel..
  • Souvenirs                                                         5.310 yen
This is Yatsuhashi that I brought for my colleagues in office.
  •  Train, Bus transport                                       4.320 yen
All in, including transport to and from Nara, Arashiyama etc.
  • Tickets to temples                                          4.100 yen
  • Miscellanous (souvenir for myself)             5.350 yen
I like to buy refrigerator magnets for some reason.. and I bought quite a lot. And this is included other shopping too I didn't quite remember what did I buy..

TOTAL                                                                    56.917 yen

So cheap right!!!! At first I expect it will be around 100.000 yen but eventually we got it cheaper than expected. I think if you can save more on shopping, It will be even cheaper than mine.

I found out that there’s nothing much to buy in Kyoto rather than Tokyo. Kyoto is perfect to enjoy scenery and take photos, while if you intent to go shopping, just spend one week on Tokyo and you’ll robbed out for sure. Or maybe Osaka. So sad at that time we haven’t had enough time to go to Osaka. Tight on schedule, tight on budget.

But next time surely I will go to Osaka to go to Universal Studio of Japan for sure!!!! 

And almost forgot!! Here are some tips to you for your Kyoto trip if you interested:
  • Most of the temples close after 17.00 or sometimes earlier, for god sake. And have ticket fee too. So go check before you went all out and disappointed.
  •  Try yatsuhashi. The triangle small cake with different flavor. They got the grilled and hard one and the "nama"/raw like soft cake. I like the “nama” better. Best for omiyage. Japanese said if you buy yatsuhashi for omiyage, they directly know that you had a trip to Kyoto.
  •   Watch Memoirs of a Geisha first before go Kyoto. It's all very Kyotoooooooo for god sake and they cover all the best spots of Kyoto if you interested in searching for the details.
  • Try explore area around Gion, so many interesting places and restaurant can be found. And Geisha hunting too. I saw one REAL GEISHA and it’s indescribable.  It’s very... inhuman. How can something be so pretty and perfect...
  • Eat yudofu. Boiled tofu. Literally just boiled tofu, but its Kyoto's big hit ever.
  • Most temple in Kyoto is world heritage, even the lousy one. So pick the really recommended one or it will not be worth it.
Okay then.. This is it. The final post for my Kyoto trip last year! I know that my post is very compact (like, straightforward and quite rushed out in the making) but however if you have any question about details I didn’t insert it here, please don’t hesitate to ask! Put a comment below and I will reply as soon as I can!

Sincerely yours.

And if you want to read the other 2 post related to this Kyoto trip, here are the part 1 and part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment